Yeah, I know I’m a bit late, but isn’t it the thought that counts? Oh wait, that’s Christmas, don’t know if there’s an expression for New Year’s Resolutions.
Anyway here goes…1. I will not purchase fabric, yarn, thread or some other cool new piece of craftiness simply because I want it. I will only buy craft supplies that I need for a specific project. – Yeah, sure, who am I kidding?
2. I will not start any more new projects without finishing some of the old ones. – If the old ones were so great, I would have finished them. I got it – rewrite this one to: every time I want to start a new project I have to pull out or deconstruct a half-finished one. Sounds good, maybe that one will work.
3. I will finally make something from that waaayyy cool yarn that’s been lingering in my stash for 3, 4, or 5 years. Ssssshhhhh, I don’t want to talk about that skein – it’s been around since I was in college just waiting for that “perfect” project – it’s too good to use for just any project.
4. I will finally clean out my pattern box and get rid of those patterns I will never make. Then again, maybe I will have a friend who has a baby that I would be willing to make that cute sweater that will take 5 weeks to make that the kid will only be able to wear for all of 5 minutes. Sure. Hmm, maybe it is time to get rid of that stuff.
5. I will only buy a new crochet hook if it is a size that I do not already have or is to replace one I don’t like. Yeah, that one’s good, lotta give in that “one I don’t like part” – don’t you just hear that evil cackle in the background?
6. I will work harder at not missing my bi-weekly deadline for this blog. This one I really, really want to do; it’s not my fault if there’s just not enough hours in the day to get everything done. Wouldn’t it be cool, if at least one day a week was 27 hours long? Look at how much we all could get done with just an extra 3 hours a week.
Who needs any more than that? Maybe this year I’ll actually keep some of my resolutions. One can dream anyway.
Open the conversation by being the first to comment on A Cynical Crafters List of Resolutions for 2008.